Workshop - Sustainability and Social Manufacturing
Click here to download Workshop - Sustainability and Social Manufacturing
This document outlines the Call for Papers (Abstracts by 29 May, 2015) for presentations at the Global Cleaner Production and Sustainable Consumption Conference: Accelerating the Transition to Equitable, Sustainable Post-Fossil-Carbon Societies, workshop “Sustainability and Social Manufacturing” to be held in Sitges, near Barcelona, Spain, Nov. 1 – 4, 2015.
The emergent phenomenon of Social Manufacturing is disrupting industries all over the world. People are increasingly engaging in socio-economic systems built around sharing of human and physical resources, leading to new end-user experiences and new value-creation logics. It includes the shared creation, production, distribution, trade and consumption of goods, services and resources by different people and organizations.
There are already successful businesses that build upon the Social Manufacturing paradigm e.g. in finance, hospitality, and transportation: new banks are born without physical offices (ING Direct), the world‟s greatest hotel chain does not own a single room (AirBnB), and a taxi company owns neither the cars nor employs drivers (Uber).
In this context, we invite authors to prepare and submit abstracts via our conference website: http://www.cleanerproductionconference.com/
After your abstract has been reviewed, you will be invited to develop a conference paper that can be based upon e.g. case studies or on „state-of-the‟ art literature reviews on sustainability and Social Manufacturing. Other forms of research studies are welcome too. Your paper will also be considered for publication in one of the several special volumes we will publish in The Journal of Cleaner Production, after the conference.
We solicit papers on initiatives associated with the following themes. The themes and questions are only provisional and deemed to guide the authors for the themes that might be discussed.
- Social Manufacturing definition
- What is the Social Manufacturing?
- What are the global trends affecting Social Manufacturing?
- How can we effectively transition beyond current manufacturing to Social Manufacturing?
- Main challenges and barriers for Social Manufacturing and how are they can be overcome?
- What are the new business and organizational models that Social Manufacturing offers?
- How does Social Manufacturing affect raw material optimization and recycling?
- How does Social Manufacturing change the products, processes and services?
- How does or can Social Manufacturing promote improved product efficiency and effectivity?
- How does or can Social Manufacturing impact consumer behavior to help us transition to more sustainable consumption societies?
- How can manufacturing firms use social media to make a more sustainable fashion industry? Call for Papers Cleaner Production and Sustainable Consumption Conference, Barcelona, Spain, Nov. 1–4, 2015.
- How can Social Manufacturing, e.g. consumer designers, be used to add value to the product or product-service combination and therefore contribute to new value creation process?
- How will user experience change in the Social Manufacturing (e.g. 3D technologies) compared to the current manufacturing systems?
- What may be the future impacts of Social Manufacturing on customers‟ lifestyles to help to build a more sustainable fashion business?
- How Social Manufacturing will change the raw material usage/flow and improve environmental sustainability of production?
- How will Social Manufacturing potentially improve corporate sustainability and help to ensure worker and consumer well-being?
- How can Social Manufacturing contribute to developing and implementing energy saving models?
- How can Social Manufacturing help in expanding the application of distributed renewable energy systems and renewable energy usage?
Format and Procedures for Submission of Responses to this Call for Papers:
We invite authors to prepare abstracts of 500 words in response this Call-for-Papers. The abstracts are to be prepared in English.
Please submit your abstract(s) via the conference website: www.cleanerproductionconference.com
After the Global Conference, scientific teams of the Global Conference will select the articles to be developed for peer review and for potential publication within one of several Special Volumes of the JCLP (The Journal of Cleaner Production) that will be developed based upon initial inputs to the Global Conference.
For more information contact:
« Go Back